GDPR adjustment of websites: what the GDPR is and what it provides
Our GDPR Websites Adjustment Consultancy allows you to adapt your site or app to all the necessary obligations provided for by the new European privacy regulation. Through specific analysis, we will show you the necessary steps to put all aspects of your site in order to comply with the GDPR and avoid penalties.
The GDPR has been in force since 25 May 2018 and applies to all 28 member states of the European Union and to all non-EU subjects operating in those states. Failure to comply with the rules of the GDPR leads to penalties of up to 20 million euros or up to 4% of the worldwide annual turnover.
When it is useful consultation on the adjustment of the GDPR websites
The rules of the GDPR apply in all cases in which the processing of personal data is carried out, even in an automated way. It is necessary to adapt the site to the GDPR both if the website is created for commercial activity and for recreational purposes, regardless of whether the owner of the site is a company or a private individual.
Personal data means information that identifies or makes a natural person identifiable (for example, personal data, photos, social security number, IP address, email address, etc.), including sensitive data (for example relating to race, religion, political opinions, trade union membership, health, genetic data, etc.) and judicial data.
The processing of personal data means any operation such as the collection, storage, disclosure and cancellation of data, carried out even without the aid of electronic tools. For example, it is considered processing when you collect data through a form or when you track the habits of your users in an automated way through cookies.
Therefore, it is necessary to carefully check the treatments carried out by your website or app even when:
- at least 1 data is collected directly or indirectly. For example, a site that does not carry out the processing directly could collect data through external services such as Google Analytics
- the site does not ask users for any personal data but they themselves release them voluntarily (egg by sending their data by email)
How our website GDPR adaptation consultancy works
LexDo.it offers a complete service to correctly manage the processing of personal data collected from its website or app in compliance with privacy regulations. Here’s how it works:
- First placement with a privacy expert lawyer
You will have to describe your situation to an expert who will identify: what data the site collects and for what purposes, if the requested data is relevant to the use for which it is collected, with whom it is shared, how and where they are stored and for how long
- Online creation of the necessary documents
The lawyer will indicate which documents are mandatory in your case and you can create and personalize them in a few minutes directly online. Just answer a few guided questions and a document will always be automatically generated in compliance with the law
- Any specific advice
Through our advice, we will also show you: how to collect consent, where to publish the privacy information, how to implement a cookie banner in accordance with the law. You can also request an analytical assessment on the protection of the data you process and request verification of the documents created on the site in order to avoid errors
Useful documents for the adaptation of the website to the GDPR
All the documents necessary for your specific case can be created, in a few minutes, in a personalized way directly on LexDo.it:
- Personal Data Processing Register: to collect all information relating to the management of personal data processed
- Terms and Conditions of a Website or an App: to regulate the rights and obligations of users of a website or application
- GDPR Privacy Consultancy: to easily adapt to all the necessary obligations required by the new European rules on the protection of personal data