What is the self-employment contract?
The Self- Employment Contract is the agreement that regulates a continuous or occasional work performance by a self-employed worker.
The collaborator provides the service by freely organizing their work. You can independently choose the times and methods with which to perform the service with the sole obligation to provide the service agreed with the customer. For this reason, the self-employed worker is different from an employee who is instead required to respect the methods, schedules and times established by his employer.
Signing a written agreement allows the parties to regulate all aspects of the business and avoid possible misunderstandings. In particular, it is possible to describe in detail the service to be provided, to define the remuneration of the worker and to foresee a duration. Furthermore, it is possible to insert additional clauses such as the obligation of confidentiality or a non-competition agreement.
When using the self-employment contract
This document can be used to regulate both ongoing and occasional performance. For example, it is suitable for hiring a professional to carry out a consultancy for a company or for entrusting the maintenance of a website to a person who occasionally dedicates himself to this activity. In the latter case, we are talking about an occasional self-employment contract.
When the service is offered on an occasional basis, the self-employed person does not need a VAT number. In fact, it can issue a simple receipt. If, on the other hand, the activity is carried out continuously, it is necessary to have a p. VAT. With our service, you can open a VAT number quickly and easily with the support of an experienced professional who will take care of all the necessary formalities.
The contract for self-employed collaborators can be used to regulate both intellectual and manual work. For example, you can regulate the activity of consulting in the marketing sector or gardening or cleaning of an office.
This agreement is not used instead when the worker is required to comply with the customer’s instructions on how to perform the service (egg time and place of work). In this case, we speak of subordinate work and it is required that the worker is permanently inserted in the company organization using an employee contract.
What the facsimile self-employment contract contains
Our self-employment contract template meets all legal requirements. The main clauses concern:
- Object: the description of the service to be performed which may include any attachments and specifications
- Fee: the possibility of indicating fixed or variable fees, to be paid on a specific deadline or based on the services performed
- Duration of the relationship: for a fixed term and for a short period or for an indefinite period
- Reimbursement of expenses: for particular costs incurred by the worker
- Confidentiality: to prohibit the worker from divulging confidential information
- Intellectual property: to manage any intellectual property rights generated during the performance of the service
- English language: if the counterpart is foreign, it may be useful to generate the document in English to facilitate reaching an agreement
Once you have downloaded your document, we will guide you step by step to complete all the necessary subsequent tasks.
Information you need
All parts data are required to complete the document. If you don’t know where to find them, we’ll help you with creating the document.
Remember that our service does not generate a simple facsimile of a self-employment contract. Based on your choices, the system automatically draws up a customized contract model for your needs, guaranteeing its legal correctness.
The document can be modified in all its parts without time limits. Don’t worry so if you don’t have all the information available right away, you can always enter it later.
- Occasional self-employment
- Occasional collaboration
- Continuous service provision
- Autonomous collaboration
- Collaboration pursuant to art. 2222
- Self-employment contract with VAT number
- Self-employment contract without VAT number
Other useful templates and facsimiles
- Work Performance Contract: to entrust the realization of a work to a natural person, a professional, a craftsman or an individual firm
- Work Contract: to entrust a company with the construction and delivery of a defined work
- Subordinate Employment Contract for Employees: to hire an employee, worker or manager
- Contract of Employment on Call: to use the employee’s work at intervals of time, as needed